- But of course they failed to dodge the dreaded “Steelers June Curse.”
|Steelers Lost Noll in June '14|
Yet, in terms of X’s and O’s, the impact is nill.
Still, there’s something eerie about the Steelers and the month of June since in this new millennium. Consider:
- In June 2006, Ben Roethlisberger had his motorcycle accident
- In June 2008, Dwight White’s death dropped the Steel Curtain to half strength
- John Henry Johnson, a rare pre-Noll Steelers Hall of Famer, was taken from us in the month of June
- During June 2010 the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line suffered a double whammy with Willie Colon and draft pick Chris Scott both injuring themselves
- Last June Mike Adams got stabbed while Justin King’s season (and presumably career) ended in injury
But no matter how you measure it, the month of June has not been kind to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization of late. Thankfully, its over. Into July an on to St. Vincents!