- Mike Adams got benched
- Levi Brown was acquired by an in-season trade
- Cameron Heyward was promoted to starter in favor of Ziggy Hood
2010 NFL Draft. Sylvester played well on special teams and in spot duty. However, he did not make much of a leap between his rookie and “sophomore” year. Sylvester started in the Steelers ’11 upset of the Patriots, but was quickly pulled from the game.
Injuries and inconsistent play kept Sylvester off the field for much of 2012, and the Steelers did not even bother to extend him a restricted free agent tender.
No other team took him, and the Steelers brought him back to training camp, but his Sylvester's name headlined the first round of cuts.
- Like Jonathan Dwyer, Stevenson Sylvester can apparently come home again.
One of the more underrated players in the Steelers 2012 defense was safety Will Allen. Playing without Troy Polamalu for much of the year, the Steelers struggled with Ryan Mundy playing in his slot.
- When they benched Mundy and played Allen, the Steelers defense improved.
Will Allen working out w Steelers as we tweet. Will Gay ran 1st team RCB today. Cortez Allen practiced as nickel bc of "injury issues." ???
— James C Wexell (@jimwexell) October 9, 2013
- Could the Steelers be planning another roster move?
Thanks for visiting. Click here to check out the rest of Steel Curtain Rising. Or... Follow @SteelCurtainRis