To be sure, the Steelers were far from flawless in this contest. The first quarter was no different than the first four games, no running game, zero protection for the quarterback, 0-3 on offense, defense unable to make stops.
But the Steelers dug in and fought back. A lot of guys dug deep, and simply found it in them to make the plays necessary for victory. Among the highlights:
- Ben Roethlisberger playing near flawless, going 23-30, no turnovers and a TD
- Antonio Brown, making catch after catch in the first half
- Emmanuel Sanders, burning his man on a 55 yard touchdown pass
- Jason Worilds, Ziggy Hood, and LaMarr Woodley making sacks.
- Lawrence Timmions and Ryan Clark shutting off not one, but two potential Jet's touchdown drives
Todd Haley also called a phenomenal game, and his offensive line made the necessary adjustments to keep their quarterback up right for the bulk of the final three quarters.
Steel Curtain Rising will be back later with a more complete analysis, but for now this is the Rapid Reaction - It feels good to win again.