Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Heath Miller, Rashard Mendenhall, James Harrison, James Farrior, Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Bryant McFadden did not play the Steelers final preseason against Carolina, but in the end they didn’t need them.
It never pays to put too much stock into preseason, but the Steelers second-line players dispatched the Carolina Panthers with relative ease tonight to the tune of 33-17.
The Steelers-Panthers preseason game of course was not show in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but a quick look at the stat sheet indicates that a couple of people had a pretty good night:
- Jonathan Dwyer ripped off 88 yards, including a 50 TD, on 13 carries
- Emmanuel Sanders caught 4 balls for 60 yards in his first preseason action – a good sign
- Arnz Battle caught four balls, which will help him make a case for a roster spot
- Monte Ivy led the team in tackles, and registered a sack
- Jason Worilds also recorded a sack
- Steve McClendon – believed to be in a position battle with Chris Hoke, also recorded a sack
- Keenan Lewis also defensed a pass
Tyler Grisham only caught one pass for ten yards, which while bad for him might just allow the Steelers to keep him on the practice squad.
The most important news is that on injuries are apparent.
Thanks for visiting. Click here to follow us on Twitter @SteelCurtainRis.